Building an online brand shouldn’t be a pain in the neck if you know exactly what you want.
Whether you have started your online business for years, you just started, or you are still nurturing the idea in your head; you need to have an effective brand.
Your brand is what distinguishes you from your competitors. Your brand is the distinguishing factor that makes it easy for your audience to recognize your offerings over other brands.
Even if you have started your business already, you need these tips to help you restructure your brand and give your brand a lift.
Here are ways to build an effective online brand:
• Find a niche: Riches are in the niches. First, you need to be sure of what you are extremely good at. Be sure of what naturally comes to you or what you like doing that you can even broaden your knowledge about. When you narrow down your niche; you have more focus and you know exactly the people you are communicating with.
• Find a problem: People don’t want to know about your new product, rather, they want to know how your new product would benefit their lives. Your product must solve a need, if not, people won’t really see the need to pay for it.
• Get a name and register it: A name isn’t just a name, a name is what your brand would be identified with. Avoid using names that others have used or names that have wrong connotations. When you find a name, ensure you register it. Claim it on relevant social networks your audience is on and get a website for it.
• Have a clear mission and vision: One of the best ways to sell your products or market your services online is by knowing exactly why you do what you do, that is your ‘WHY’, and where you see yourself in future. It is also important to know your target audience and what drives them.
• Have a brand style guide: Here, you are to establish your brand identity. Your logo, colours, brand voice, images, fonts, and so on. This helps you build a consistent brand.
• Know your competitors: This is not to copy them but to know exactly what they are doing and how you can do it much better than they are doing. Are they filling the right gaps? If yes, is there something they are lacking?
• Think mobile: Several types of research have revealed that consumers assess websites more on their mobile devices than ever before. And so, it is important to make sure your websites are optimized for mobile usage and easy to navigate.
• Establish yourself as an expert online: Don’t just be out to sell your products or services, you need to add value. It is when you add value that you establish yourself as an authority online. How do you add value? You add value with the content you put out. Are the content you put out useful for your audience? Find ways to contribute to your audience without trying to sell.
• Know what sets your brand apart from others and emphasize it in your communication materials: In your images, captions, adverts, etc. always tell us what sets your brand apart from others, that differentiation advantage.
• Have a solid strategy in place: A strategy doesn’t have to be too long, rather, it has to have key things such as your goals and objectives, marketing strategy, sales strategy, and so on.
• Build your reputation: Never neglect word-of-mouth marketing. Your online brand can still be marketed offline and if customers are happy with your services, they would recommend it to others willingly.
• Share your story. We all love to hear stories, and as a business owner, it is your job to make us love your business story and see how it helps the lives of your customers.
What brand tips would you love to add? Do drop your comments below. What have you learned from the above? Do drop your comments below!