Digital media has gone past being an option for most businesses. This is because more and more companies and businesses are finding their potential customers as well as their customers online.
When you look through online statistics today, you will realize that the stats keep showing that more and more people are online. As a business owner, have you tried to find out where your customers are?
Perhaps you are planning to start your online business and you are wondering if your customers are online. You can do this – do a quick survey by sampling some of your target audience and try to find out if they are online. You will surprised that over 90% will attest to the fact of using social media.
In the same way, if you are thinking about taking your offline business online, you can conduct a quick survey sampling your buyer personas and try to figure out their use of social media. One of the things you need to ask yourself is this – are you advancing alongside your customers or target audience?
There are so many things to ponder upon when it comes to online media. And so, in this article, I will tell you 10 ways your business would benefit by being online. Here are they:
- Brand Exposure: being online is relatively cheap than the costs of adverts for instance. When you are online, and not just online, but where your customers and target audience are, you get the right brand exposure for your business. When you get the right brand exposure for your business, it can lead to more patronage.
- You get to know your customers: another benefit of being online is that you get to know who your customers are and what they like doing. For instance, if your business is on Instagram or Facebook, you get to see the type of posts your customers get attracted to easily or the kind of captions or keywords they use in their captions. Knowing these and other related things will help you improve your communication with your customers.
- You get updated about current trends in your industry: by being online, you also get to be aware of those current happenings in your industry and how the public are reacting to them. For instance, when your business is online, and you actively manage your social media channels, you get to see how your target audience and other people in your industry are responding to such current happenings.
- You get to cheaply advertise your business: being online also gives you as a business owner an opprotunity to advertise your products and services for free, as you get to market your products and services on your page. However, you might still need to do paid online adverts if you choose to, but this also is not expensive.
- You get real-time feedback from customers: when your business is online, you also get real time feedback from your customers and what they feel about your products and services.
- Customers get to easily locate your business: in adition, when your business is online; customers get to eaisly locate you through your websites or social media platforms.
- It helps to further build your brand: another benefit of your business being online is that it helps you to build your brand. Online media can give you the platform to set and be consisten with a brand tone for your business.
- Helps you to reach a large audience of customers: also, when your business is online, you have the opportunity to reach a large number of audiences in different areas of the world. This as a result, also helps you build your brand globally.
- It helps you to provide faster customer support for your customers: through comments on websites, your social media channels, etc. you get to communicate with your customers or potential customers about some things they want to know about. You can access any of these on any of your devices.
- It helps people to easily shop your products and services: there are so many e-commerce tools now available that makes it easy to integrate e-commerce to your website. Even without integrating e-commerce to your website, you can still sell your products and services via your social media channels.
Did I exclude some other benefits from the above-mentioned lsit, kindly drop your comments below.